12 Sept 2012

Portobello Market

Last weekend I re-discovered this area of west London on a busy Saturday afternoon in the blazing hot sun...It was amazing, I actually forgot how wonderfully inspirational a place it is to be...as well as SHOP! We walked the whole way down Portobello Rd (nearly 2 miles) dipping in and out of the mini shopping arcades where folk rent teeny spaces to show off their great eye for that something special. You can spend a whole day here and the food stalls have been handily placed about halfway. After a chomp on a very reasonable priced (+huge) falafel wrap, there was the fashion market; sprawling out under the Westway - a great mix of jumble sale type stalls, old school vintage traders and new designers. Unsurprisingly, this is where we spent most of our time!

Things I liked; working Polaroid cameras, crocodile handbag (including head + limbs), old road signs, vintage lace, wooden ink stamps, super-long fringed lampshades, champagne mirrors, vintage fur, chandeliers.....








Part of the fashion market, the prettiest vintage wedding dress + Stef modelling one of her purchases.

What I bought - Peterpan collar, button up the back embroidered shirt £2.00 (made from deadstock fabric), Vintage green lace print tie waist dress £10.00. I've come over all decadent!

 I am "the best type of friend ever" as one of the traders said as Stef + I were discussing the possibilities of a vintage dress...that makes me feel nice + useful. If anyone wants help spending thier money down Potobello way just give me a bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment