29 Mar 2013

FANTASTIC MR + MRS FOX

It was fancy dress time once again last weekend for a friends birthday...oh I love it! Me and the boy went as Fantastic Mr Fox and I was obviously the equally fantastic and cunning Mrs Fox.

We searched the attic and found a striped waistcoat for Tom that just needed taking in a couple of inches, and I bought this yellow dress from one of my fellow traders at Mr Birds Emporium - the rest were just our normal clothes!  Oh apart from the ears of course - I made these from some scrap bits of leather and calico, just made an ear shape and cut out out of the leather leaving the folded edge still in tact, sewed up the edges of the ears, leaving an opening at the folded edge so they could be threaded onto old headbands - done!

We used face paint to complete that foxy look, which is much more sustainable than a plastic mask and you can use it again and again...plus it can't get stolen by a drunken stranger!


No comments:

Post a Comment