28 Mar 2011

New Top

The bit of floaty fabric (that I suspect to be another curtain) that I bought from the Ben Howard Charity Warehouse the other week, has now been transformed! A simple oversized tee shape that turned out unexpectedly asymmetric.




1) I chopped out 2 large rectangles, measurements were based on another oversized top I have that I like the fit of; then cut some slight scoops for the neckline and arm openings.
2) This kind of chiffon style material frays easily, so don't scrimp on your hems! I folded mine over double around the arm-holes and neckline. Remember to press as you go, I forgot how much easier this makes things...
3) I double sewed the side and shoulder seams and finished them with zig-zag stitch (oh to have an overlocker)
4) I sewed a deep hem (about 2") around the bottom edge to give some weight and hopefully a more expensive look to my very simple tee.


No comments:

Post a Comment